Yesterday Peru held local / municipal elections. I don’t follow politics very closely but the local elections seem to be quite important because in the provinces outside Lima the local government seems to be more relevant than the central government back in Lima.
Here are the official 2010 Peru election results.
What amazed me about the elections is that the entire country was “dry” by ley seca. No alcohol was sold in the country during the entire election weekend.
Papi votes in Belgica, so no ley seca for papi! Mamacita went to a birthday party Saturday evening where I believe the ley seca might have been enforced a weee bit loosely as well 😉
no ley seca here!
we shall suffer no more
maybe not in my lifetime,
but in yours I feel sure
Great words from Paul Simon. New decade, new baby, I suppose it’s the only way I could feel…
HAPPY 2010. While Peruvians are still busy buying their yellow underwear, here in Belgium we just rang in 2010.
Gotta get me another drink of Pisco…. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
First New Year’s Eve with baby… needless to say we’re at home laying low. Perfect time to jot down some New Year’s resolutions. Keep in mind I’ve been sipping hot cocoa with Pisco…
- Think less and do more.
- Drink more and worry less – it’s good for my health
- Speaking of health, join the gym.
- Visit Arequipa, Moquegua, the selva or Amazon jungle of Peru, and Piura.
- Be a better teacher, if I teach again.
- Get a real job… or at least think about it, since I got a “wawa” now.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST… be a good dad!!!!
HAPPY 2010 TO ALL!!!