Since I’m teaching about business in my current class at ICPNA, I decided to start a class project to open a coffee shop on the Plaza de Armas in Cusco. We already have a McDonalds in Cusco and will soon have a Starbucks, so let’s give them some competition.
Our fictional business will be a fancy coffee shop with yummie breakfast, snacks, etc. We will have wireless internet, friendly service and a hip atmosphere.
Here’s what I need from my team, that is, the class:
- Ideas for names.
- Ideas on how to set the place up (decorations, themes, uniforms, ….)
- What kind of things we will sell.
- Legal stuff: how to set up a legal entity (EIRL, SA).
- Financial plan and accounting policies. Let’s not get in trouble with SUNAT or my uncle Alan Garcia.
- Marketing plan.
- A good location in anywhere in beautiful downtown Cusco Peru.
- Employees, employee manuals, policies, procedures, …
- Ideas on how to reward our employees.
- Policies / ideas to prevent theft from customers and employees.
- Suppliers: where to get good food, coffee, drinks, ice cream,…. Also furnishings and furniture to open our place.
- Lobbyist to have lunch with the mayor and governor of Cusco once a month.
- Business plan.
- Exit strategy, meaning, what to do if our business doesn’t work out.
- Any other advice or items I’ve overlooked.
Write at least 2 or 3 comments before the end of our class next Friday 9/26!!!! Any thoughts and ideas are welcome, explain/justify your ideas.